With a worldwide surplus of unwanted dogs, as a breeder or a owner of a dog it is highly irresponsible to breed your dog without arranging perfect homes for the litter. It is cruel rather than killing a dog to allow a bitch to go through the rigors of whelping only to have the puppies destroyed. It is highly recommended not to breed your dog if it is ailing from any hereditary disorder.
If you do decide to breed from your dog, it can be delightful to watch how magnificently most females cope with whelping and with caring for their puppies. The experience can be made much easier for them if you offer the best possible diet and environment, as well as proper health care and nursing assistance.
TOP TEN TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL DOG MATING
- Ask your vet to examine the bitch before mating and obtain certificate that it is healthy and not carrying any inherited diseases
- Plan Well to House the Ensuing Litter of Puppies.
- Check for the Purity of the Dog by Kennel Club Certificate.
- Contact a Reputable Breeder and Make Use of His Dog as a Stud for your Bitch to Get Good Quality Puppies.
- Ask for Health Certificate for the Stud Dog and also Examine Whether it Has Been Subjected for Brucellosis and Other Sexually Transmitted Disease,If that is Prone for Brucellosis.
- Be Careful With Your Bitch-Exercise Your Bitch Only On Lead When She is in Season.
- It is always Preperable to Perform Mating in the Stud Dogs Place Rather than Vice-Versa.
- Mating Should be Done on 9th Day.11th Day and 13th Day for Fruitful Results.
- If Possible Try to Calm the Bith During Mating and Ensure a “Tie” Long Lasts for a Least 10 Minutes.
- Make a Visit To Vet's Clinic After Three Weeks of Mating To Confirm the Pregnancy.